Some staff have to keep records of their CPD to maintain their professional registration, however, CPD applies to everyone. A portfolio supports you in your career and captures activities you have done and when you did them, what you have learnt and how this learning has supported your role.
The evidence you collect in your portfolio has many benefits and uses:
- Job application.
- Career Conversation.
- Professional registration requirement.
- Improved career prospects.
- Prepared for future challenges.
- Increased motivation and morale.
- Increased personal confidence.
This process will enable you to demonstrate your career and achievements. It’s important that you record your activities and demonstrate your achievements and your potential. It will enable you to plan ahead for the future.